Friday, February 8, 2008

Step by Step Guide for Installing Ubuntu (Gutsy) on a machine already running Vista

This guide is for one of my friends who already has Vista running on their PC but wants to dual boot with Ubuntu. I thought I'd write up a tutorial just in case some some one else needs helps with the procedure.

The process is pretty straight forward, but I'd recommend that you backup anything important on Vista just in case. Even though I've never had any problems installing Ubuntu this way, but I've heard that some people have problems where Vista doesn't boot properly after installing Ubuntu. Again I've never had any problems, this is more of a precaution.

NOTE: to be continue....

1 comment:

HGH Human Growth Hormone said...

ts like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.